Last updated: August 19, 2022
Collection and use of your personal data
Types of data collected
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, Zip Code, City
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when you use the website.
Usage Data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
When you access the Site from or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you are using, your mobile device's unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends each time you visit our website or when you access the website from or through a mobile device.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. It is an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored via Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Tracking technologies and cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or specify when a cookie is sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our website.
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes listed below:
Necessary / essential cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to allow you to use some of its features. They help authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided and we only use these cookies to provide you with these services.
Cookies cannot contain harmful files such as virus or other
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: us
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember the choices you make when using the website, e.g. to remember your login details or language preferences. The purpose of these cookies is to give you a more personalized experience and avoid you having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the website.
Tracking and performance cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: third parties
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. Information collected through these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality on the website to see how our users respond to them.
Use of your personal data
We may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website , including to monitor the use of our website.
- How to manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the website. The personal data you provide may allow you to access various features of the website that are available to you as a registered user.
- For performance of a contract: developing, enforcing and enforcing the purchase contract for the products, goods or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the Website.
- To contact you: To contact you via e-mail or other similar forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications about updates or informational communications related to functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events that we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
- How to manage your requests: To participate and manage your requests to us.
Storage of your personal data
We will also store usage data for internal analysis purposes. User data is generally kept for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen security or improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally required to keep this data for longer periods of time.
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at Our operating offices and at all other locations where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to - and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your personal data
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (eg a court or government agency).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed information about the processing of your personal data
Service providers only have access to your personal data to perform their tasks on our behalf and are required not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the collected data to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google can use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads in its own ad network.
For more information about Google's privacy practices, please visit Google's Privacy and Terms webpage: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) marketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads settings page: https://www.google.dk/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics browser add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - to your web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on allows visitors to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on Google's privacy practices, please visit Google's Privacy and Terms webpage: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt out of Facebook's interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising created by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt out of Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the United States https://www.aboutads.info/choices/ , the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada https://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information about the protection of personal data on Facebook, you can visit Facebook's data policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Use, performance and miscellaneous
We may use third-party providers to provide better improvements to our site.
We use an invisible captcha service called reCAPTCHA. reCAPTCHA is powered by Google.
The reCAPTCHA service may collect information from you and from your device for security purposes.
Google Places is a service that returns information about places using HTTP requests. It is powered by Google.
Google Places service may collect information from you and from your device for security purposes.
Legal basis for processing personal data under the GDPR
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any predetermined obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Vital interests: Processing of personal data is necessary to protect your vital interests or that of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing of personal data is related to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of the official authority vested in us.
- legitimate interests: Processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Joyside .
In any case, we will be happy to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your rights under the GDPR
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and guarantee that you can exercise your rights.
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information we hold about you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly in the section of your account settings. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. This also allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to the processing of your personal data. This right exists where we rely on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this basis. You also have the right to object when we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request deletion of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide you or a third party you have chosen with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information that you have originally given us consent to use, or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific features of the Site.
Exercising your GDPR data protection rights
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to confirm your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), contact your local EEA data protection authority.
Links to other websites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of third-party websites or services.
- Via e-mail
- By visiting this page on our website: contact us